Thursday, December 8, 2011

Drawings. Not pictures.

Hello everyone!

I am in Israel now. I will post a new blog about my adventures in Israel in a day or two. But until then... I present to you... Drumroll please... The best of my sketchbook!

I got an email a few days ago from an extremely talented artist, who just so happens to be a part of my family and a fan of my blog. Jon Van Zyle. He told me to put up some of my "other artwork", my drawings mostly. I think that most of the people that read this blog already know about my sketches and ink drawings. But most of these are new things that I have drawn just on my trip... A few are some old-er favorites of mine. They are all Original and one of a kind. The photos of them are not up to my usual standards, but it's what I've got.


This is my latest creation. Drawn in Israel. 

I have been a little bit obsessed with hair and all the cool things you can do when you draw it. This was drawn in Israel. 

I was reading a book about Beryl Markham, and this image came into my head. A girl that absolutely loves flying, getting dirty, and blowing thins up. My kind of lady.  This was drawn in Spain. 

Song lyrics by blue foundation. I was listening to this song, and really liking the way my hair was blowing in the wind. So I came up with this. Drawn in Spain. 

This Drawing was started in Morocco and finished in Spain. 

Again with the Hair... Switzerland. En route to Morocco. 

Hair...  Created in Switzerland.

Serious obsession with hair. In Switzerland. 

My version of  a Steinbok :) Switzerland.

These are some older ones. From this summer at the lodge. A rainy day. :)

I was working on another picture and I couldn't get the hand right. So I made myself draw these until I liked them. I am still not to happy with them, but oh well. 

From this summer in Alaska. A truck at Bremner Mine

I had this coldplay song stuck in my head. 

My friend Tal told me that I never draw anything "cool", like airplanes and dirt bikes. So this was born. Boom. 

One of my first drawings in the sketch book. Done in AK. 

This is the cover of my Sketchbook. This book has been a lot of places with me. And pretty much everything on the cover was drawn in a different country. Or on my way to a new country. Switzerland, Spain, Morocco, Alaska, Israel. Can't wait to add to it in KENYA! :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW Logie! I recognize many of the sketches from when you had your book laying around at our house, but you never cease to amaze me with your talent! God has gifted you and now blessed you with awesome opportunities for "inspiration"....keep it up!
    Love auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what fantastic drawings, from a wonderful trip, Hey I am going to Utah this year!!
    Love Ya, My Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's my girl. creativity flows from you my love. you are so talented, and getting even better!! the second from the top quite embodies my dreadlocked, tangly, hair wrapped hawaiian hair at the moment. love you :)

    ReplyDelete