Monday, December 12, 2011

Israel! Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

Sorry this blog took so long to get up... these pictures span about a week and a half of fun times in Israel.  Although most of them are from only the first part of my trip... I will add more soon. 
We got into Tel Aviv at about 4 AM, and got picked up by our friend Oren. After a nap and a hearty spoonful of hummus, Mom, Dad and I set out to try to find a nice beach. Easy right? Yeah... Not so much. The house we stayed in is only a few miles from the Sea, but the road system in Israel is one of the most confusing I have ever seen. And all we had in the way of navigation was a Google Map... Sufficed to say, we ended up going in the opposite direction and never even saw the water. We did make it home though. Which was quite a feat. 

The next day we went up to the border of Lebanon. There are some amazing natural grottos there. It was a really beautiful day. Before we went up north, we stopped at some lovely beaches and Mom and I went for a swim! It was a little bit chilly, not gonna lie. But SO worth it. We hiked along the coast for a while and found some beaches that were completely made from shells. That was so interesting! 

The next morning we joined up with our Alaska ladies (And Colorado Lynn). We met them at our hotel in Tel Aviv. Then we walked to the old port of Jaffa. Did some shopping, ate some Falafel. It was a good day. The rest of the tour group met up with us that night and the next morning I parted ways with my 'Rents and headed off to Jerusalem with Melissa for more excellent adventures. 

The next few days worth of Photos are still locked in my camera. I will try to get to them soon. Seeing as we are leaving Israel tomorrow night... But I felt guilty not giving my faithful Creepers anything of real substance the last couple of days. So, Creepers, here are my Israeli photos.

Beachin' it up on the Mediterranean. Yeah, I swam in that water. BOOM!

Mediterranean Sea

Beaches made of Shells!! You can burry yourself in it. 

Tunnels and Grottos. Northern border. 


On the border of Lebanon. Mediterranean sea.

Cause I like to be a Creep-ah, too.


Christina and Lynn walking to Jaffa. 

You can see the city of Tel Aviv behind Mom and Melissa.

I love Piper Ditzler! 

Christine in Jaffa. 

Jaffa port. Where Jonah sailed away from God. 

Flower seed on a Tom... 

Old man in Jerusalem. 

Old city Jerusalem on Shabbat. 

This is Baby Noia. I lived with her family in Jerusalem for the past two weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment